FERTAN Rust Converter
$4.99 – $140.99 excl. VAT
- Additional information
- Reviews (4)
1.1 quart of FERTAN treats about 161 sq. ft.
How to use FERTAN Rust Converter
Apply using the brush
Apply by spraying
Application of FERTAN Rust Remover
One of the most trusted product by industries and classic car enthusiast for rust treatments for over 38 years. FERTAN products have been bestselling rust removers, coatings and primers in Germany and several other European countries for several years now.
FERTAN is very efficient at stopping and removing rust. Loose rust is washed off as dust and the remainder is converted to form a stable and inert surface suitable for coating/painting. FERTAN is a tannic acid, water based product. FERTAN combines superb performance with excellent credentials. In case of skin contact, clean with running water.
Removes Rust without Sandblasting
FERTAN is the optimal treatment for the removal of rust from all metal constructions including:
• vehicles and trailers
• ships, yachts, boats and marine equipment
• metal structures, gates, fences, gratings and railings
• tanks and voids
• constructional steel
FERTAN converts rust to an inert stable material that can be painted or coated. On bare metal, it prevents rust. It is extremely efficient and has unlimited shelf life.
1. Loosen surface rust using a brush, abrasives or pressure washer.
2. Apply FERTAN using a brush, roller or sponge and let it sit for about an hour.
3. Dampen the treated surface with water to maximise penetration.
4. Leave FERTAN to react with the surface for 24 hours at 68°F to 48 hours if lower for best results.
5. Remove the black powdery dust with a damp cloth and leave it to dry.
6. Paint the treated surface with paint within 6 months, for effective long-term results.
1.1 quart of FERTAN treats about 161 sq. ft. FERTAN may leave stains on pale coloured surfaces. We advise removing the stains with a damp cloth.
Safety: In case of contact with skin rinse the affected area under running water. In case of eye contact rinse well and seek medical attention. Not for human consumption.
1.01 oz, 8.5 oz, 1.1 quart, 1.32 Gal